Monday, August 25, 2008

First Weekend

I actually got a lot accomplished on my list this weekend. It helped being away on vacation - I even crossed one thing off!

First off - Items now appearing in green are completed and items in red are in progress. I started reading some classics, I started with the Handmaiden's Tale which is a more modern classic - but I remember seeing snippets of the movie when I was younger and the story always intrigued me. I liked the book - I just wish there was a little more resolution.

In NYC we saw three national historic landmarks - Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty and Central Park. I never thought Central Park would be on the list - but when I was looking at sites I found it. http://www.nps.gov/nhl/designations/listsofNHLs.htm I was really excited to walk around Central Park - of all the times I have been to the city - no one wanted to see the park with me. we walked almost the entire length of the park and saw Strawberry Fields. (which was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. Since it was Warren's first time in the city, we ate at all new restuarants. We had dinner the first night in Little Italy at Da Nico's, then Sushi at Yama's & Hill Country BBQ.

Also since were in NYC I didn't check my email at all this weekend. It was really difficult on Sunday when we were home - but I persevered. This morning at work was a little slower since I had a few days of emails to get through - but nothing earth shattering. AND I WAS ABLE TO CROSS SOMETHING OFF MY LIST!

No comments: